From the 1st of July 2018, the Nekojam online pet store has made the move to discontinue providing repacking services for all dry pet food in the interest of maintaining the original integrity of all purchased dry foods, as well as to move towards a more sustainable and eco-friendly business model!
Why do you not recommend repacking pet food?
The repacking of pet food is strongly discouraged by the Agri-food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore for the following reasons:
- The original packaging of your purchased dry food is the safest for storing the food in for extended periods of time
- There is the possibility of the loss of traceability of the pet food in times of a product recall
- There is a risk of loss of wholesomeness and freshness during the repacking process
- There is a risk of contamination during the unregulated repacking process
- The plastic bags used to repack the dry food are not guaranteed to be non-permeable by air
How else can I keep my pet food fresh?
Our team strongly advises that you consider purchasing a durable, air-tight container to store your pet food and keep it in its original packaging. Not only is this the best way to ensure the freshness of your purchase, but it's also environmentally friendly! Purchasing silica gel packets is also a good idea - Simply place a few sachets inside the same container.